Westwood Free Public Library
Westwood's library is located near downtown, across from Veterans' Memorial Park and the train station. The library has a number of resources for residents besides the materials within its walls. Individuals can sign up for free English as a Second Language (ESL) classes, get tutors to help with basic computer skills and join book groups. For kids, the library offers story times and after school clubs. There is a book sale monthly and a rotating art exhibit. Director Martha Urbiel describes the library as very active. The library is always seeking volunteers to be ESL and computer tutors and to help with the book sale, along with other fund-raising and advocacy efforts spearheaded by the Friends of the Library.
- Fax: 201-664-6088
- Hours: Sept - June: Mon, Tue, Thu, 10am - 9pm; Wed, Fri, 10am - 5pm; Sat, 10am - 4pm. Oct - May: Mon, Tue, Thu, 10am - 9pm; Wed, Fri, 10am - 5pm; Sun, 1pm - 5pm
- Handicap Accessible: There is a ramp to gain access to the building and an elevator inside.
- Founding Date: 1939
- Parking: Free lot
- Services: Audiobooks, Movies, Music CDs, Research databases, Resources for job seekers
- Internet use policy: Computers are available on site for internet use for one hour.
- Programs/classes: English as a second language classes and private tutors, computer tutors, book groups, story times, after school clubs, monthly book sale
- Wi-Fi: Free
- Private events: No