Immaculate Heart Academy
This all-girls Catholic high school in Washington Township was the first regional high school of its kind for the Archdiocese of Newark. The school celebration of its founding in 1960, called Jubilee 50th, recognizes the institution's accomplishments. IHA is recognized as a Blue Ribbon School, which shows it has high academic rigor. Students come from more than 100 towns in Bergen, Passaic and Essex counties in New Jersey and Rockland County in New York. The vast majority of IHA graduates continue their education in four-year colleges.
- Fax: 201-445-7416
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 6:30am - 3:30pm
- Handicap Accessible: Outside ramps lead to the entrances of the building and an elevator is available to go to any level.
- Founding Date: September 1960
- Number of students: 839
- Public/Private: Private
- Financial aid: Yes
- Religious affiliation: Catholic
- Acceptance rate (%): 50
- Graduation rate (%): 100
- Accreditation/licenses: Commission on Secondary Schools of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools. In 1996, the United States Department of Education named Immaculate Heart Academy as a Blue Ribbon School.
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 13 to 1
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free, Paid lot
- Number of faculty: 72
- Grade levels: 9-12
- Boarding: No
- Special education: No
- Uniforms: Yes
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Science lab, Sports facilities
- Advanced placement courses: Biology, Calculus AB, Chemistry, English III (Language and Composition), English IV (Literature and Composition), French IV, Spanish IV, Studio Art, US History II
- Student clubs: Handbell Chorus; Literary Magazine; Orchestra; Newspaper; Peer Mentoring; Chorus; REBEL; Amnesty International; SADD; Knitting Club; CARE; Student Council; Math League; Tomorrow's Children; Communications Club; Mock Trial; Model UN; Film Club and more
- Sports teams: Bowling, Swimming, Basketball, Winter Track, Cheerleading, Don Bosco Dance Team, Cross Country, Golf, Lacrosse, Skiing, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball