.

Two Firefighters Hurt Battling Hillsdale Blaze

The fire caused 'considerable damage' to the Fairhaven Drive home's kitchen and dining room.

A fire at this Fairhaven Drive home was deemed accidental. Photo: Jim Leggate.
A fire at this Fairhaven Drive home was deemed accidental. Photo: Jim Leggate.
Firefighters extinguished an accidental house fire at a Fairhaven Drive home Wednesday night, according to Hillsdale Fire Chief Jason Durie.

Two firefighters slipped on ice and sustained minor injuries, with one suffering a sprained wrist and another hurting his ankle and back, Durie said. 

The back of the house was burning when firefighters arrived after 11 p.m., he said. Most of the fire was knocked down within 15 minutes and it was totally under control within an hour.

"It was a textbook fire," Durie said. "It was handled quickly and professionally."

The house's kitchen and dining room had "considerable damage," he said.

The fire was deemed to have been accidental and was likely caused by a discarded cigarette.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something