.

Candle Starts Fire in Washington Township Home

A Fern Street resident left a candle burning when she went out to run errands.

Washington Township firefighters extinguished a kitchen fire started by an unattended candle Sunday, according to a press release from Washington Township Police. 

A Fern Street resident left a candle burning in her kitchen while she went out to run errands, police said. When the woman returned home, she found the house full of smoke. She tried to put out the fire, but was unsuccessful, police said. 

The woman called 911 at about 2:20 p.m. Police removed the woman from the smokey home, EMTs treated her and firefighters extinguished the fire in the kitchen.

Have a question or news tip? Contact editor Jim Leggate at Jim.Leggate@patch.com, or find us on Facebook and Twitter. For news straight to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.

TONY NAPIER October 15, 2012 at 03:19 PM
NO ONE SHOULD HAVE A LIT CANDLE IN A HOUSE. IT HAPPENS TOO OFTEN THAT A FIRE STARTS.
Jeffrey Tammen October 21, 2012 at 03:38 PM
Yes your right yrs ago I remember fighting a house fire on garden ct wich was started by candle and house burned to ground.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »