Gas Leak Causes Jr./Sr. High School to be Dismissed Early Monday
The gas lines had to be shut to the cafeteria so lunch cannot be served
Students in Westwood Jr./Sr. High School will be dismissed at 12:16 p.m. Monday because a gas leak has caused the lines to be shut to the cafeteria. Since lunch cannot be served, state law mandates the school to close early.
Superintendent Geoffrey Zoeller sent a notice to parents Monday morning informing them of the early closure. He said PSE&G informed him about the leak and that staff and students were never in danger.
All other district schools are operating on a normal school day schedule.
Zoeller said PSE&G representatives told him the school will be up and running on a normal schedule Tuesday without any problems.